Trademarks, trade names, trade dress, and service marks are incredibly valuable assets, enabling companies to differentiate themselves from their competitors. With thousands of new products and services launched every year, developing a distinctive, reputable, and legally available mark can be a tremendous challenge.
COJK’s attorneys are experienced at counseling clients through the entire life cycle of a trademark and helping safeguard their investment. Our extensive backgrounds in various industries give us a deep understanding of each client’s business and unique industry challenges, further enhancing the quality of our counsel.
In addition to our U.S. trademark work, we protect our clients’ rights in other countries through our network of highly knowledgeable foreign associates.
Our trademark practice group assists clients in the following areas:
- Working with clients to create, screen, and select strong marks
- Filing and registration
- Maintaining registrations
- Ensuring consistent use of marks and preparing practical use guidelines
- Leveraging the value of a company’s mark through licenses and other types of agreements
- Enforcement and defense
- Litigation and alternative dispute resolution